Creating ACE Thinkers
Following on from the successful work on Dr Carol Dweck ‘Growth mind-set’ and the ‘Learning Line’ we are now delving deeper into ‘Visible Learning’. Taking John Hattie’s philosophy of learning how to learn and Guy Claxon definition of ‘Learning Muscles’, we have created a bespoke programme to support the children of Allerton CE primary to become more resilient, resourceful learners that are reflective and build good relationships.
This will empower them for future challenges and an ever evolving workplace which increasingly demands creativity and innovative thinking. Focusing on ‘Visible Learning’ will support our young people to become better learners, both in school and out.
Understanding and embedding ‘Visible Learning’ will:
- Ensure children are reflective about the progress they are making and are investors in their own learning journey.
- It will support them to take personal responsibility for their learning and understand what their next steps are to develop them on as a successful learner.
- Support children to work with increasing focus resulting in an overall improvement in classroom behaviour.
- Enable children to have the strategies to tackle more challenging tasks independently.
- Give children a shared vocabulary around how they learn and use this as a vehicle to support learning.
- Encourage children to work more collaboratively and have a deeper understanding of what it means to work as an effective team.
For more details on how we develop ACE thinkers please contact our Visible Learning champions